Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Read failed  (Read 2278 times)

Washy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Read failed
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 18:26:48 »

So, even though it can write the config now and update the firmware, eqmod keeps disconnecting over and over.

Probably I need some new chips..  Or there is some other fault in the board.  I guess I could try to go back to the DRV8825 drivers and see if the problem still occurs.

As in it doesn't even launch, just flicks up and disappears, or, connects, works for a while and disconnects?  Have you checked the vref on the drivers?

For the bigtreetech motor drivers I soldered the cf1, 2 and 3 jumpers and have these settings in the configurator and I'm now in silent running mode - its startling the difference in noise!

Logged

pterodyne

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 91
    • View Profile
Re: Read failed
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 18:55:57 »

Eqmod pops up and then goes away a few moments later.  MaximDL still shows connected, but it's not.  The telescope position indicator is gone from the sky display.

I haven't checked Vref actually, I probably should but Im used to it working in the sense that it tries to slew at least.  I have official TMC2100 drivers from filastruder in the USA.  They are labeled watterot.  I think they have the jumbers in the correct state from the factory.
Logged

pterodyne

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 91
    • View Profile
Re: Read failed
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 18:59:33 »

Just looked at your jpeg.  My settings are the same except i have .9 degree steppers.  and my motor/gear are different.

but what is going on with your motor reduction?  Isn't that like 57 billion?  Or is there a decimal to the left of what can be seen?
Logged

Washy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Read failed
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 20:22:12 »

My belt drive is 52/14, I just copy and paste the number from the calculator ....

3.7142857142857142857142857142857

But its rather too long for the text box :)

I think it'd be interesting to measure your vref, vin and 5v see if you're getting browned out or anything.
Logged

pterodyne

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 91
    • View Profile
Re: Read failed
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 22:56:00 »

Ok, I can confirm a  few things.  The problem seems to be with the TMC2100 modules.

The astroeq will not configure with the TMC2100 5V modules installed. If I put the DRV8825 back in, everything works as expected.  Except see my hunts at end of slews.  That happens.

Anyway, Id love to get the TMC2100 5v modules working.  Thoughts as to why I can't connect or configure with the modules connected? Ive verified that they are plugged in the correct direction.  If I bend the 3 config pins out of the way, I can connect and configure using the utility, but eqmod locks up shortly after connecting, and if you manage to start a slew, you get a message about timeout exceeded.

My TMC2100 modules are the true 5v variety and from watterott (Silentstepsticks). 
Logged

Jonesdee

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Read failed
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 09:38:53 »

I have been having issues with TMC2100 drivers also.  My first ones from BigtreeTech behaved inconsistently, so I purchased some Watterot versions.  I followed the recommendation not to solder the pins to the 3 config sockets, which puts the motor in 16 microstep, 256 interpolation stealth chop mode. The motors are 0.4 A, 0.9 degree step angle.

The motors run very smoothly and quietly, but slew extremely slowly.  The mount also only moves a fraction of the distance it should (e.g. a command to move 90 degrees results in 3 - 4 degrees of travel.

EQMOD runs happily enough (no errors reported).

One thing that concerns me, is that each time I configure the board (a new genuine Arduino Mega 2560 running 8.11), the 'Goto Rate (x sidereal)' parameters show different values.  These vary from 102 through 460 to 507, despite the input parameters beingthe same (I loadthe EQ5 modified pulley config and change the driver to TMC2100, 16 ustep, and 0.9 degree angle, then update both axes.  I am going to try this on a different PC to see if that helps, or possibly set the angle in the config to 1.8 degrees to see if that speeds it up.  Sidereal tracking rate looks to be about right, but have not yet tried it on a star as there is obviously something amiss at the moment which needs to be rectified. 

Using jumpers, I can set the drivers to 16 ustep, no interpolation mode - will give this a try when I get a chance.

Meanwhile, my 8825 setup with diode matrix runs happily in the observatory . . . .

Dave
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 16:44:24 by Jonesdee »
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]