Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: May 04, 2021, 17:50:22 
Started by astrosathya - Last post by astrosathya
Hi Everyone,
I am an electronic noob and would really appreciate some help from folks who've built a diy astroeq with the arduino mega. I would like to know what to connect where on the mega and perhaps some step by step instructions if available.

 on: May 02, 2021, 14:05:12 
Started by astrosathya - Last post by astrosathya
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum as well as AstroEQ. I have a 9 year old HEQ5-PRO Synscan which has now gone bust. After looking at the cost of a new board from FLO, I remembered that a friend had successfully used AstroEQ for this Chinese EQ3-1 mount. After a prolonged discussion with him, I decided to jump into the bandwagon and have ordered myself the Arduino Mega, couple of driver board etc etc for a DIY AstroEQ board which i will house in a 3D printed case and bolt onto the mount.
Before I begin, i would be very garteful if someone could tell me if 135:1 is good enough gear ratio for the mount or a more precise number is required? Anything else that I need to know please?
Looking forward to your replies,

 on: April 25, 2021, 20:36:52 
Started by tidobell - Last post by tidobell
Hello, sorry it took al long time answer you, but  I have measured the signals. For RA  slewing singnals on M0 and M2 and traking signal on M1. For Dec slewing  signals on M0 and M2 and traking on M1. I am using the DR8825 chip and arduino mega 2560.

 on: April 15, 2021, 19:33:33 
Started by ALPugh - Last post by ALPugh
Thank you Washy for the reply.

I have looked through this website/forum for more info on the AstroEQ but there is so much I still need to learn  and I can not find it.
This is a completely new area of knowledge for me and my experience is zero.

I need to know .... where does the AstroEQ board go? 

Does it sit BETWEEN the mount and a computer? 

IS it a stand alone unit that attaches to the mount?

Does it go INSDE the mount after removing the old controller board?   

Does it have a port for a guidescope ... can I use software to control a guidescope to guide my mount?
I found mention of ST4 port in FAQ but does it even NEED this?? what is EQMOD and does the board have this built in?
Will it allow use of guide camera?

If photos of the actual board  were in the gallery section I might have fewer questions.

I have looked through the tutorial / FAQ's but there is more info on configuring and programming , parts and sources, limiting currents.... but hard to find or non-existing info on what the board can do, how to attach it, how to optimize it for your particular needs.

I would probably not hesitate to order a premade/configured bit of kit if I knew it would be a solution for me.

Any guidance anyone can give will be looked into!

I will copy this reply and try to get it to the person who offers the kit.

 on: April 13, 2021, 09:01:13 
Started by tidobell - Last post by TCWORLD
Could you put LEDs or multi-meter on each of the mode select pins, and see what is set for both normal speed (e.g. sidereal tracking) and high speed (Go-To slews).

 on: April 08, 2021, 20:01:30 
Started by tidobell - Last post by tidobell
or is it a software problem?

 on: April 07, 2021, 20:51:55 
Started by tidobell - Last post by tidobell
I checked all the wiring and is connected as in your Arduino Mega Schematic on this site.

 on: April 06, 2021, 22:39:39 
Started by tidobell - Last post by TCWORLD
Sounds like an issue with one of the mode select lines for the driver.

 on: April 06, 2021, 20:27:30 
Started by tidobell - Last post by tidobell
yes, it moves back to its starting point. I have not measured the time but it like to be a constant amount of time.

 on: April 06, 2021, 12:16:39 
Started by andevgall - Last post by TCWORLD
I'm not sure what would cause this - it might be worth asking on the EQMOD Yahoo group to see if it is something unique to the AstroEQ.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10